Re: [LUG] Unity

On 05/01/12 16:52, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

> I've played with it. I wasn't entirely happy with it. I've played with
> Gnome Shell too, and wasn't entirely happy with that.

I'm curious what the issue with GNOME is. I have upgraded to Debian
testing with GNOME3, and with tweak tools and putting the file manager
in charge of the desktop (to get all those things I'd left on the
desktop before visible), and lacking enough "omph" to render the fancy
bits, it looks much like GNOME2 but with fewer admin tools (either
Debian hasn't packaged them all or I haven't got the right meta-package,
although I have enough to make it all bearable) on my box. Only
difference is the tool bars are slightly tidier and harder to hide.
Although I did note a few menus are white with white edges, but that may
be my settings.

 Simon