Re: [LUG] Upgrading - or not ... (Debian)

On 05/01/12 19:29, bad apple wrote:

Easiest question ever: sudo apt-get install clementine Banshee sucks, as
does rhythmbox. Added bonus: clementine is QT based and you can get a
windows port (I'm not sure about Mac OS) so once you're used to it, you
can install it on everything and not have to relearn a new media player
for every platform. Actually, hang on a sec - I've got some iPods, let
me plug one in to this linux box and just make sure clementine does work
as advertised with them, I don't think I've ever tried before (don't
really use my iPods anymore, I tend to read when travelling). Mat

Dammit, bitten in the ass by my own "cleverness" again - I'm on CentOS
and forgot I compiled clementine myself, probably badly: certainly
without libgpod support, so although clementine works fine and
recognises my iPod, I can't sync or read to it. Let me boot a Debian VM
a sec and connect it that way.

Sounds like Grant might know though as he is also a clementine user?

Mat

Anyone who liked amarok 1.4: Trinity (TDE, the KDE3 fork) has it. Works fine here on Squeeze.

You probably have to install the TDE core stuff to get it. Individual apps do run under other DE's.

Their mirrors are down at the moment, expected back in the next few days

David