Re: [LUG] Very simple (Cross Platform) graphics ...

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011, Robin Cornelius wrote:

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ah well. Back to the drawing board.

SDL or OpenGL should do what you want and if linking them via a C API
is being a pain consider mono/.net both of which have SDL and OpenGL
(openTK) wrapper libraries that make using it very quick, you can then
concentrate on having the fun you want and not fighting other issues
at this time.

I'll have a look at some point, but I am rather saddened by just how complex it's all become. All I want to do is plot a pixel and draw a line.

Some other alternatives, use the Canvas element on a HTML5 page, then
you can just draw directly with lines and colors from javascript quite
easily.

Or another mono idea, use a Picture control or even a custom control
and directly draw in its Paint() method

I'm translating a 1000 lines or so of applesoft basic in to C. I'm now thinking of abandoning it and just running up an apple emulator.

Anyone have an apple II disk drive? Mine has gone missing.

Gordon