Re: [LUG] JRE suddenly missing

On 16/12/11 18:35, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> Should I re-install these or is there some way to get java running which
> has somehow gone wrong? Could it be a recent update which has caused

Can't speak specifically to Mint but the most common issue I've seen is
browser updates that disable JRE in the browser.

i.e. It is browser config not system config that breaks.

Mat suggested "java -version" which will tell if Java is installed. And
checking which is configured.

If that doesn't fix it. I'd suggest looking at the browser "Add-ons"
manager (assuming firefox or Iceweasel, and that Java is installed) to
see state of the Java plug-in. It might have been disabled for some
reason - which could include having run the old version with the newer
browser, or simply the browser believing it to be an insecure version.

 Simon