Re: [LUG] PAT testing

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011, Rob Beard wrote:

Hi folks,

I noticed someone in the Torbay Freecycle group mentioned about someone who does PAT testing. They think it's about £1 per item. Now I know technically laptop chargers don't need PAT testing but after the issues we had with Paignton library earlier on this year I wonder if it might be worth maybe arranging a PAT testing session at a LUG meeting in the new year?

Best I've seen is a fiver an item... However if anyone is inclined there's a C&G course which I understand is under £500 and basic test equipment can also be had for under £500, so if you've got a grand spare...

... then 1000 items will take a long time to get through to break even...

You might find it's £1 an item for an electrician to go into a company to do a check of every bit of kit they have...

Gordon