Re: [LUG] Parallel printer - to USB

On 28/11/11 15:11, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have Googled for info about my printer and it does indeed say that it
has a parallel socket and a USB socket. I never knew that. My excuse is
that the printer arrived, new, with just one cable, for the parallel
socket, so I just assumed that was it.

I have had a look at the rear of the printer but I cannot find the
socket. At least, there seems to be an extra one but it does not look
like a USB socket. I am assuming that it should look like a USB one, but
perhaps that is wrong. More research.

You might well find that it is a squarish socket rather than a flat socket; it is the other end of the USB cable. If you don't have a suitable USB cable, they're fairly cheap. e.g.

http://www.ebuyer.com/244004-cables-to-go-usb-cable-2m-black-81681

Anthony
--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/