Re: [LUG] Parallel printer - to USB

Generally you will find that most recent usb to lp devices will work just fine. The advantage is future proofing bit there is always the chance that the printer will not work.

Linuxprinting.org might help here ?

-------- Original message -------- Subject: [LUG] Parallel printer - to USB From: Neil Winchurst To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx CC:

My printer works OK, it is an Epson Stylus Photo 810 via a parallel
port. Luckily when I bought a new computer last April a parallel port
was included.

Recently I have heard that it is possible to get a parallel to USB cable
especially to connect a parallel printer to a USB port. Since I have
plenty of spare USB slots I wondered if there would be any advantage to
getting and fitting such a cable. And are all parallel ports the same?

Any advice welcomed,

Neil