Re: [LUG] Parallel printer - to USB

On 27/11/11 18:27, Neil Winchurst wrote:
My printer works OK, it is an Epson Stylus Photo 810 via a parallel
port. Luckily when I bought a new computer last April a parallel port
was included.

Recently I have heard that it is possible to get a parallel to USB cable
especially to connect a parallel printer to a USB port. Since I have
plenty of spare USB slots I wondered if there would be any advantage to
getting and fitting such a cable. And are all parallel ports the same?

Any advice welcomed,

Neil

I got one for about £3.50 and it seemed to work - you can borrow it if you like to test?
Tom te tom te tom