Re: [LUG] OT vaccination was Re: iPad in school

On Sat, 2011-11-12 at 12:50 +0000, tom wrote:
> On 12/11/11 12:12, Tony Sumner wrote:
> > On Nov 12, 2011, James Kilty wrote:
> >
> >> GP's routinely tell concerned mothers that the symptoms observed had
> >> nothing to do with the vaccination however serious.
> > I would be most interested to know your views on MMR and Andrew
> > Wakefield.
> >
> > Tony
> >
> MMR was proved to work
> Wakefield was proved to be a liar.
> Tom te tom te tom

Absolutely.

And even if there was a proven link to autism it is unforgivable for a
few parents to avoid that risk, in the expectation that their children
would still be protected from measles etc by other parents taking the
(now proven to be non-existent) risk of ASD and thereby substantially
reducing the transmission pathways for the disease.
If no parents had allowed their children to be vaccinated, it would lead
to "orders or magnitude" more damaged children than was ever claimed for
MMR.

Phil