Re: [LUG] OT vaccination was Re: iPad in school

On 12/11/11 00:55, Simon Waters wrote:
On 11/11/11 22:52, James Kilty wrote:
I have never understood how
non-vaccinated children can be considered a threat to vaccinated
children.
Vaccination programmes typically work via herd immunity. Vaccines are
not 100% effective, so the un-vaccinated spread disease to those who
either can't be vaccinated or have been vaccinated but whose response is
inadequate to protect them, thus preserving a reservoir of the
infectious agent which would otherwise be too small to sustain itself.

This is pretty basic science, and I'd suggest learning about it before
reading about "different paradigms of illness", since before we can have
a paradigm shift in science the new paradigm will have to explain all
the stuff the old paradigm explained (like why no one dies of Smallpox
these days).
crystals innit