Re: [LUG] Anyone with a contact in exeter.gov.uk ICT department?

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Bit disappointed that postmaster@ doesn't work (neither does abuse@ nor
> root@ nor admin@ nor the email address given in the whois records).

web.admin@ ?

That's what their website suggests - also has a contact number for the
webmaster. I know it's not website related, but it's bound to be the
same guy.

> The attachments were PDF files or JPGs. However it seemed random - e.g. in a
> recent email with 6 attachments, 3 got through... I could understand if they
> were exe's, etc. however... Overzealous as you say...

And probably misconfigured.

Though there is a case to be made for blocking PDFs, given that
vulnerabilities in Adobe Reader are one of the most common infection
factors. In practise, PDFs in email are too common to block.

Martijn.