Re: [LUG] Anyone with a contact in exeter.gov.uk ICT department?

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Having an issue sending email to someone with an exeter.co.uk email address
> and although I see the email being delivered to their server, the recipient
> sometimes doesn't get it, or the get it when they ask IT for it, or
> sometimes it gets delivered with attachments missing (huh?)

I don't have any such contacts, but it sounds like an overzealous
spam/email filter. (Something you had probably concluded yourself
already.) Stripping off attachments isn't too uncommon and, depending
on the type of recipient and the kind of recipient, may well be a good
idea. Can't the recipients get in touch with IT, possibly cc'ing you?
If I were a postmaster and someone contacted me saying "I can't email
X", I'd first want to check with X to make sure they actually wanted
to receive the email before I would take any action.

Martijn.