Re: [LUG] Problems installing HPLIP 3.11.10

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 11:19:58 +0000
Gibbs <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gibbs,

> python-dev is installed though so I've run out of ideas... Any
> suggestions?

Two possibilities come immediately to mind:

1) You may have to tell the install script exactly where python-dev is.
IDK how that's done with the hplip install script, though I assume there
are instructions included somewhere in the package you d/l'd.

2) The version of python-dev you have installed doesn't meet version
criteria, although I'd expect that to be reported in the error.

There is a support web forum for the linux version of hplip, the url for
which escapes me ATM, but can be found from the main HP web site.  Maybe
your question has already been answered there.

--
 Regards  _
I'll be the rubbish you'll be the bin