Re: [LUG] OT Laptop hard disk

On 31/10/11 17:35, George Parker wrote:

Latest update. The BIOS update is a windows file and wouldn't run under
DOS. I overwrote my PCLinuxOS with WinXP and updated the bios. Changed
the drive to the 160 Gb but the new BIOS doesn't even think that there
is a drive there, just like the old BIOS.

And yet there are posts on the net saying that people have installed 160
Gb drives on the T42.

Back to the drawing board.

Thanks everybody

George

Has the drive got any sort of jumper to set the size limit to 32GB or 128GB?

Other than that does Linux see the drive?

I guess failing that maybe stick your old drive back in and use the 160GB drive as an external drive with a USB case (not ideal but might be your only solution).

Rob