Re: [LUG] Printers ...

On 13/10/2011 08:50, Gordon Henderson wrote:
It's a 4-colour laser printer too.
So you need to replace  4 cartridges from time to time

Cost was £175.
Humm - so was our Lexmark Postscript device - needed to work with she's Imac. I should have checked first but each of the cartridges is £150 to replace and the printer came with just those stupid 'get you going' cartridges that last about a week. The true cost of the first year of use - nearly £600 ! Ok so the new cartridges will last a long time - but do check the costs first.

You have been (gently :-) ) warned.

Which I'm well annoyed with as we've just spend £110 for a new single colour toner cartridge for the old HP... I suspect I'll simply buy one of these when it needs another toner...

Cheers,

Chris
Gordon

p.s. btw really impressed with the quad copters et al - shame I don't have the time at the moment ....