Re: [LUG] asterisk dahdi issues

On 12/10/11 20:33:16, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have seen TDM400 cards (or rather the modules) get screwed over with lightening though - had any down there recently?
Don't think so because when I swap the BT lines the fault appears on the other port I.E. red was os chan 4 now on chan 3.

Ah, OK. Sounds like the line is duff in some horrible way then, however persuading BT to fix it when audio over it sounds OK with a standard phone might be somewhat tricky...

Just port to VoIP and be done with it.

Not sure I can find out when I was put on DACS, so now need to try and get off it. not sure about porting to VOIP, it's a one way move (I think) and requires BB to work (I think).

If it's on DACS it's not supplying broadband. ADSL doesn't work over DACS. How did you work out it was on a DACS?
BT engineer told me it was on dacs. by having BB I meant I would need BB to be able to recieve voip calls.

And porting is not one-way - I've had numbers ported in then out again - back to BT and other VoIP companies. They come & go.
good, that might help.

I have just found that if I turn callerid off then asterisk sees the call, so now I need to find a callerid phone see if that works and try again. I wonder if there is something weird about callerid and DACS.

My other idea is just to move off to another provider and get a combined voice/BB package for a month then cancel the BB.