Re: [LUG] TeX/LaTeX

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011, Philip Hudson wrote:

Sorry I missed the meeting today. Hope you had a good one.

Anyone know anything about TeX/LaTeX? How easy is it to learn, how useful is it, who uses it, etc.

I've been using it on one form or another for a great many years - possibly 20 or more when I used it (without really knowing it) when a company I worked for had a package bolted on-top of LaTeX to do all their documentation, etc.

Now I use it for letters, documentation, etc. and I use a LaTeX template when generating invoices which are PDF'd and emailled out...

I've never used native TeX though.

Installing is easy under Debian - apt-get install latex and you're off. (more or less)

It still can't do $\pounds$ pound signs easilly though.

Gordon