Re: [LUG] Printing again ..

On 30/09/11 19:44, Simon Waters wrote:
On 30/09/11 09:18, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, tom wrote:

On 29/09/11 17:57, Simon Robert -Cottage wrote:
Just to ask, what is the problem with hplip?
Its not open-source is one! HP are amazingly expensive and you will
almost certainly find that using HP you will have 'empty' cartridges
that contain a LOT of ink.
hplip is supplied as source code, although I didn't check the licensing.
http://hplipopensource.com/node/296

"HPLIP is free, open source software, distributed under the following
open source licenses:

GNU General Public License (GPL) v2

MIT license

BSD license"

It's supplied with Debian, although I didn't check to see if it's in the
standard or non-free sections.
Main pool, utils - so free as in "Debian Free Software Guidelines"

My apologies - All I can say is that last time I looked closely that wasn’t open sourced - I've been deleteing it from my Ubuntu machines thinking it crept over like mono or something! But then I would only use an HP printer as a (front) doorstop anyway (Think moai)
Tom te tom te tom