Re: [LUG] Puzzle

Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:10:34PM +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
My wife, running Mint 9 Xfce, forwarded an email to me with some funny
cartoons on it. She sees the cartoons when she opens the email.

On my desktop, running Mint 10 KDE, instead of the cartoons I get a
collection of odd links. Here is an example.

cid:595F8F00-1FF3-4AFD-8D34-A0D18DC74566@local

For some reason I cannot get those links to bring up the original cartoons.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

What email program are you using, normally if you can read html email
(thunderbird)  then cartoons, bold letters and adverts appears with great frequency

I have tried both TBird and Seamonkey. My wife received her email from a friend as a forwarded message as far as I know. She simply opened the email with Seamonkey and could see the text of the email and a set of little cartoon like drawings instead of the links which I see.

She thought that they would amuse me so she forwarded the email to me. When I opened it I saw the text as normal but instead of the little drawings I saw a list of links like my example above.

I  will plaly around some more,

Neil