Re: [LUG] Puzzle

On 29/09/11 12:26, Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:10:34PM +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
My wife, running Mint 9 Xfce, forwarded an email to me with some funny
cartoons on it. She sees the cartoons when she opens the email.

On my desktop, running Mint 10 KDE, instead of the cartoons I get a
collection of odd links. Here is an example.

cid:595F8F00-1FF3-4AFD-8D34-A0D18DC74566@local

For some reason I cannot get those links to bring up the original cartoons.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

What email program are you using, normally if you can read html email
(thunderbird)  then cartoons, bold letters and adverts appears with great frequency
Neil's email headers imply Thunderbird v6.x

Click "View->Message Body As->Original HTML"

Maybe also "View->Display Attachments Inline" too?

That's assuming the email was properly formed on leaving the sender's system?

Martin