Re: [LUG] Puzzle

 On 29/09/2011 12:10, Neil Winchurst wrote:
My wife, running Mint 9 Xfce, forwarded an email to me with some funny
cartoons on it. She sees the cartoons when she opens the email.

On my desktop, running Mint 10 KDE, instead of the cartoons I get a
collection of odd links. Here is an example.

cid:595F8F00-1FF3-4AFD-8D34-A0D18DC74566@local

For some reason I cannot get those links to bring up the original cartoons.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

TIA

Neil
Hi Neil,

Ask her to click Reply instead of Forward, but replace the address with yours. I find that works better for some forms of email attachment - they are probably links to the cartoons held in a temporary cache on her PC. For some Replying behaves differently and often will include the original files. Come to think of it they're probably embedded rather than attachments, and that does cause issues quite a lot.

Julian