Re: [LUG] 6 was ok, hello 7 ..

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Gibbs wrote:
> The problem with this is playing catch up when it comes to extensions, a
> major reason people use Firefox. I haven't touched on its development
> framework for a long time but you *used* to be limited to how far in the
> future you could make an extension compatible.

I suppose you could argue that it forces developers to regularly check
their code. (But it doesn't stop people like me to manually edit
extensions to make them 'work' in later FF versions.)

I've been told they got rid of http:// in Firefox 7. Haven't seen it
myself, but I wonder what happens when someone is browsing an https
site, especially since people have been told again and again to always
look for 'https' when entering any kind of information that you don't
want others to read.

Martijn.