[LUG] KDE is speaking Arabic

A couple of weeks ago, I was playing with Unicode settings in KDE and,
to test something, I added Arabic to the languages. This caused parts
of the menu and the system settings to be in Arabic so I ensured
English was the default and even removed Arabic altogether. But it
didn't fix the menu, which is still in Arabic, a language which I
don't speak at all. I tried all possible settings and also did a
thorough search of the ~/.kde directory but can't find anything that
sets the language.

Other users on the same machine are not affected.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Martijn.