Re: [LUG] CUPS Mystery

I have a Epson Printer Wireless

which goes to sleep when not being used and when first printing to it I get
"Printer probably not Connected "
message and then I find in

So I enable the Queue and voila the job goes

I need admin perms to do this but the queue gets disabled by it's self?

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 16:16 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:
>>
>>> CUPS v 1.4.1
>> ^^^^
>>
>> There's your problem right there.
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't have a solution either.
>>
> Sorry, my mistake. It should be version 1.4.4

I wasn't realyl refering to the version number but rather the package - my
own continued attempts to make CUPS work nicely for my wife are continuing
to fail, however I don't currently have the time to work out how to make
lpd work. Maybe this weekend.

Gordon

--

Regards