Re: [LUG] network buffering

On 14/09/11 20:57, James Kilty wrote:
Hello

I used the test at http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu which told me the following.

Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink 1400 ms, Downlink 810 ms
We estimate your uplink as having 1400 msec of buffering. This is quite high, and you may experience substantial disruption to your network performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large uploads. With such a buffer, real-time applications such as games or audio chat can work quite poorly when conducting large uploads at the same time. We estimate your downlink as having 810 msec of buffering. This level can in some situations prove somewhat high, and you may experience degraded performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large downloads. Real-time applications, such as games or audio chat, may also work poorly when conducting large downloads at the same time.

Is there anything I can do about this - I have noticed the downlink problems described?

Thanks

James
Well they are in California YouEssofA so you cant really expect blistering performance. Try an analyser nearer to home...
Tom te tom te tom