Re: [LUG] CUPS(2)

Many thanks: problem solved, all printers now working

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 07:52:15AM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 14/09/11 06:48, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> >
> > Yes
>
> Do you have CUPS installed and is this NetBSD? (this comment is as a
> cynical reminder to ask good questions, there are some known bugs in
> Debian Stable, and some others in Debian Testing, that look like this).

Yes and not NetBSD

> For what it is worth fixing out a kerning bug in PDF printing on Debian
> stable is on my job list at work today. So a well formed question might
> get a more intelligent answer! Although fixing said bug has been on my
> job list since at least June so don't hold your breath.

Actions taken

1)  purge cups-pdf and reinstall

2)  Delete all cups-pdf printers from localhost:631 (I had three: not really
    sure why)

3)  Reinstall cups-pdf (one version only)

Problem solved and all my printers now working

Still not really sure why PDF suddenly stopped. (Completing a long pdf fill
document is much easier with pdftk: just update the new sheets and insert /
remove. Makes it a lot easier than re-entering the whole document. I still
have to use evince to enter the data but better than nothing)

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.