Re: [LUG] Google+

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Daniel Robinson wrote:

I'm getting to be a bit annoyed at the grip google has on me now.. Seems to
be hard to use my phone now without logging into google (and requiring a
gmail account!) via it now.

Probably no worse than apple though.

Maybe I'll stick to facebook afterall!

I Quite enjoy Google's grip on me, in fact I feel like it is more of a warm
smothering embrace. The more it knows about me the more adverts I see that
are relivent to me. Quite often I will stop what i am doing to give an
advert a click and see what it's about.
I also feel quite confident that what Google knows about me will be kept
safe and not used by Google for evil things.

What do you think?!

I think you work for Google.

I also think that I like my AdBlock+ and Ghostery firefox plugins.

I pay for my Internet connection. I will not pay to see adverts.

Gordon