Re: [LUG] It's me again! Sorry!!

On 16/08/11 14:23, CHRISTOPHER BERRY wrote:
Dear All,
I've got Debian running in 6 now on my old HP EasyNote laptop and am
trying to set up an HP P1005 mono laser printer. The OS recognises it
but says I need to get HP 'plug in'. I go to HP and follow the guides
for Debian 6 and download hplip-3.11.7. run
I go into terminal follow the advice given but the perishing file will
not open because the character code cannot be recognised - any ideas
about what I should besides shut up?
Grandad Bee.

Could you post a link to the guide you're following?

You might want to look in Synaptic for HPLIP. On Linux Mint there is about 13 packages related to HPLIP, I'd start with maybe the hplip package (assuming it's available in Debian) and see what other packages it installs along with it.

Rob