[LUG] antix boot problems

Hi all.
Does anyone use antix or have experience of using it ?
It's a small Mepis debian based distro that I liked the look of when running
from a live cd so I decided to give it a try by installing to hard disk.
Everything seemed to go ok,I selected the root partition,swap etc and opted
for the boot loader to be placed at the root of /dev/sda5 same as I had done
for Ubuntu.
Now when booting it goes straight to the grub promt and I'm at a loss.
Sda5 is a logical partition and ubuntu and other distros seem quite happy
with the setup.
On the MBR is the standard windows boot loader with an entry to boot Win7 or
linux.
When I had Ubuntu installed and placed grub on sda5 the windows boot loader
just called grub and it loaded in the usual way.

So any ideas please ?
I did use the option to install initrd (I think) as this was recommended by
the antix installer.

Ray