Re: [LUG] OSs

On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 22:17 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 14/08/11 13:06, Kevin Lucas wrote:
> >
> >> http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html
> >>
> >> you can also install the brother Cups and lpr utils from your pacakage
> >> a manger
> >> Just Search for Brother in the Add Programs search box
>
> I don't think Debian ship any Brother driver (apt-cache search shows
> nothing).
>
> But we have a similar printer to George and I got it working from the
> package from Brother you linked to.
>
> I seem to remember having to fiddle around a bit with Debian Squeeze as
> the packages weren't up to date, but when I looked inside they were just
> scripts so I used the "force" option and it all worked fine. If George
> gets stuck I will have notes somewhere.
>
>  Simon

Thats odd
I have it on Mint
sudo apt-cache search brother
lbdb - The little brother's database for the mutt mail reader
bbdb - The Insidious Big Brother Database (email rolodex) for Emacs
balazarbrothers - 3D puzzle game
generatorrunner-dbg - Debugging symbols for generatorrunner, and its
brothers
ii - minimalist FIFO and filesystem-based IRC client
lsdb - The Lovely Sister Database (email rolodex) for Emacs
pkpgcounter - computes number of pages or quantity of ink needed to
print documents
ptouch-driver - CUPS/Foomatic driver for Brother P-touch label printers
usb-modeswitch - mode switching tool for controlling "flip flop" USB
devices
wesnoth-1.8-ttb - "A Tale of Two Brothers" official campaign for Wesnoth
(branch 1.8)
wesnoth-ttb - "A Tale of Two Brothers" official campaign for Wesnoth
xymon - monitoring system for systems, networks and applications
brother-cups-wrapper-common - Common files for Brother cups wrapper
packages
brother-cups-wrapper-extra - Cups Wrapper drivers for extra brother
printers
brother-cups-wrapper-laser - Cups Wrapper drivers for laser brother
printers
brother-cups-wrapper-laser1 - Cups Wrapper drivers for laser1 brother
printers
brother-cups-wrapper-mfc9420cn - Cups Wrapper drivers for mfc9420cn
brother printers
brother-lpr-drivers-ac - LPR drivers for ac brother printers
brother-lpr-drivers-bh7 - LPR drivers for bh7 brother printers
brother-lpr-drivers-common - Common files for brother-lpr-drivers
packages
brother-lpr-drivers-extra - LPR drivers for extra brother printers
brother-lpr-drivers-laser - LPR drivers for laser brother printers
brother-lpr-drivers-laser1 - LPR drivers for laser1 brother printers
brother-lpr-drivers-mfc9420cn - LPR driver for mfc9420cn brother printer
brother-cups-wrapper-ac - Cups Wrapper drivers for ac brother printers
brother-cups-wrapper-bh7 - Cups Wrapper drivers for bh7 brother printers
brmfcfaxlpd - Brother MFC-FAX LPD driver
brmfcfaxcups - Brother MFC/FAX fax share function driver

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
sip:kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxx