Re: [LUG] OSs

On 14/08/11 13:06, Kevin Lucas wrote:

>> http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html
>>
>> you can also install the brother Cups and lpr utils from your pacakage
>> a manger
>> Just Search for Brother in the Add Programs search box

I don't think Debian ship any Brother driver (apt-cache search shows
nothing).

But we have a similar printer to George and I got it working from the
package from Brother you linked to.

I seem to remember having to fiddle around a bit with Debian Squeeze as
the packages weren't up to date, but when I looked inside they were just
scripts so I used the "force" option and it all worked fine. If George
gets stuck I will have notes somewhere.

 Simon