Re: [LUG] Install II

Martin,
  Thanks for the offer, but I'll belay bothering you further until I've checked out the (apparent) solution on my desktop this evening.  The only issue I can foresee is that this shortcut launches the Eldy prog but takes you through choosing the language, etc.  I'm hoping to get it to go straight into the (English) app interface.  So far, I have deleted all the extraneous language files that are not required.           Jack.

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:53:11 +0100
From: martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Install II

On 21/07/11 13:38, Jack Oley wrote:

Martijn,
  I put that read statement at the end of the eldy.sh script; no joy.  Ran as Application in Terminal, but still just the flash and then nothing.  Surely (!) there must be an easier way of getting a shortcut to a programme on a desktop..?   I'm beginning to pine for the pristine beauty of superhappyuserfriendly Windows!  {:-(