Re: [LUG] Install II

On 21/07/11 10:49, Jack Oley wrote:
Tom,
  When creating the Launcher shortcut, I nominate the filepath to where the eldy.sh lives.  All I get when I run this is the Terminal flashing up for a fraction of a second then nothing else happens.  I've also tried setting up a bash file, nominating the filepath in the Launcher s/cut to this and applying executable permish to it ... all to no avail.  What am I doing wrong!?!    Jack.

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:27:50 +0100
From: tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Install II

On 20/07/11 19:43, Jack Oley wrote:
To the guys that helped me with the Eldy install:  it's working, thanks very much!  And I have learnt some things...  I've tried to add a Launcher s/cut to the desktop to run this, but it won't work; any idea why not?  It deffo works running it from the CLI.  (I did choose Application in  Terminal for this s/cut.)      Thanks again.     Jack.
make sure you run it in the correct directory.
Tom te tom te tom

try creating it as a 'launcher in terminal' - that way the window should tell you what the problem is
Tom te tom te tom