Re: [LUG] Need evidence why Linux doesn't need AntiVirus

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 18:55 +0100, Kevin Lucas wrote:
> Those sort of things Linux is immune to esp. if you disable Macros.
>
> I get 20 or so a Day, in the 12 years of Unix / Linux mail I have not
> experienced one minute of Disruption or down time because of these.
>

> Spam! on the other hand is a problem but a good Mail Server setup
> before
> the user gets to is is essential in a Business.
>
> Do the Scanning on the Server not the users.

I don't disagree but I wasn't saying about him getting a virus scanner
for Linux. I was trying to suggest, probably poorly, that he should do
it for the Windows users within his business. It sounsd like they had a
problem and are rightfully concerned.

I agree with Tom that the easiest thing to do would be to just go ahead
and install ClamAV. Not necessarily for him or his distro but more for
their (Windows users) piece of mind and damage limitation (even if it
would be minimal).

Once again probably I'm probably not explaining things well :)

Gibbs