Re: [LUG] Need evidence why Linux doesn't need AntiVirus

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 16:10 +0100, Gibbs wrote:
> On 19/07/11 13:16, Kevin Lucas wrote:
> > On a lighter note you could make a fake package which some fool may
> > try to install but knowing Linux it would fail on the Dependencies!
> >
> > As an aside I like watching the Network traffic using a Simple Gui
> > called http://netactview.sourceforge.net
> >
> > Open a dubious page on the web Such as a Driver Download Site! or a
> > Registry Repair Tool  and watch what happens.
>
> I was referring more to the likes of things being forwarded on, not
> his actual box. Random Word documents from Nigerians intent on giving
> you half of their nations wealth and the like.
>
> Gibbs
Those sort of things Linux is immune to esp. if you disable Macros.

I get 20 or so a Day, in the 12 years of Unix / Linux mail I have not
experienced one minute of Disruption or down time because of these.

Spam! on the other hand is a problem but a good Mail Server setup before
the user gets to is is essential in a Business.

Do the Scanning on the Server not the users.

--

Image from Business NewsRegards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)