Re: [LUG] Ubu 11.04 is a disaster! How do I make fonts on left toolbar smaller?

Rob Beard wrote:
On 17/07/11 00:50, Malcolm Blackmore wrote:
I wish I had never upgraded. Its a total disaster interface wise
compared to 10.04. For a start all the app fonts on the left hand side
are about 10 times too big. I've been poking about for an hour. How do I
make them smaller so they all fit down the left hand side (or move them
to the top where they used to be?). I can't find any menu.

Also firefox refuses to line up all the open windows in a neat line on
the bottom line leaving me searching for ages for windows open with tabs
open within them. Again I can find no formatting option! And it insists
on making everything full window too.

HHHEEELLLPPP

You can use Gnome still, on the login screen I believe there is an option to choose which desktop environment you use (I believe it's under session), by default it's Unity but at the moment I gather you can change it back to Gnome.

As far as the other issues you're having, I'm afraid I can't help, I dumped Ubuntu in 10.10 when I knew what was coming.

Rob

Same here, unity imho was a complete mess up, like Rob said you can still access it via the login. I'm starting to lose a lot of faith in Ubuntu lately, they are removing synaptic from the install soon, ok it can be installed again but it just seems a bit backwards. I was running my trusty Mint 8 install triple booted with backtrack and 11.04, that lasted about a week before Ubuntu was removed! If it isnt too much hassle, is it possible to try the latest Mint?

Dave