Re: [LUG] Ubu 11.04 is a disaster! How do I make fonts on left toolbar smaller?

>> Rob
>>
> Same here, unity imho was a complete mess up, like Rob said you can
> still access it via the login. I'm starting to lose a lot of faith in
> Ubuntu lately, they are removing synaptic from the install soon, ok it
> can be installed again but it just seems a bit backwards. I was running
> my trusty Mint 8 install triple booted with backtrack and 11.04, that
> lasted about a week before Ubuntu was removed!  If it isnt too much
> hassle, is it possible to try the latest Mint?
>
> Dave

I think they want to encourage people (at least now users) to use
software centre which is easier for beginners to use,  for the rest of
us we can add software using apt or synaptic.

Having several programs to do one job can cause confusion.

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
(starts May 11th)

The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day