Re: [LUG] End of an era..

On 09/07/11 09:54, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 08/07/11 22:49, Dava wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

My longest running box:

# uptime
22:22:21 up 1374 days, 2:42, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

just over 3 years and 8 months. I have to reboot it now to install a
new kernel to support IPv6. (It's a router)

Ah well!

That's really good going, longest I've had my server running was just under a year, I believe that was

anyway windows 7 box at the lighthouse is not being used, well i could
use it as a door stop for a while i guess, then install something on it
like ubuntu or that chrome os linux that i mentioned earlier, should
work nicely with 1gb ram.

Way to go off topic there Paul :-)

As it happens there is a utility for Windows to check uptime called systeminfo (runs from a command prompt, at least according to a page I found on Google).

Oh and I think you should maybe have a look at Mint for that Windows 7 box. I presume this 'Chrome OS' you've installed relies on running stuff in the browser? Kinda limits a machine if the Internet goes down.

But then I don't believe all the hype about all this cloud nonsense.

Rob