Re: [LUG] chrome OS

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 21:13:15 +0100
Gibbs wrote:

> Anyone care to explain this difference between Chrome OS (the one
> above isn't made by Google) and Chromium OS (the one made by Google)?
>
> I've played around with Chromium OS before. IIRC it was just a
> stripped down system "in the cloud" running the Chromium browser.
>
> Cheers
>
> Gibbs

As I understand it:

Chromium is an Open Source web-browser based on the WebKit (formerly
KHTML) rendering engine.

Chrome is a product by Google based on the above browser but with a
couple of other bells/whistles.

ChromiumOS is an operating system that makes the browser the central
point of everything.

ChromeOS is a product by Google based on the above operating system but
with a couple of other bells/whistles.

Grant.