Re: [LUG] web form tester/driver

On 04/07/11 22:35, Rob Beard wrote:
On 04/07/11 22:23, tom wrote:
A friend has some cameras that have a simple web interface with activex
so they work under IE.
The firmware on the camera can send an email on motion detect and I want
to use the receipt of the email to click a the record button on the
camera web interface, agree to the default file name, and a few minutes
later click the stop recording button.
Does anyone know of an open source tool I can do this with?
Tom te tom te tom

Hmm... not sure of Motion will work, it's compatible with various network cameras (the cameras I've used have an option to give a JPG image if you put in the correct URL).

Failing that, erm... Perl or Python?

Rob

It needs something with an embedded web browser (IE in this case alas) as this has to run the javascript etc that appears on the web page (served by the camera)
Tom te tom te tom