Re: [LUG] flyer

On 26/06/11 22:07, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 26/06/11 19:07, Paul Sutton wrote:
>>

>>> I installed OpenOffice at one of the schools I provide support for (I
>>> install OpenOffice/Libre Office at every school I support along with
>>> several other open source apps) - this particular school then requested
>>> that I install the latest verion of MS Office (2010 Pro Plus) as 'people
>>> cannot get along with it (OpenOffice)'.  Problems tend to mainly be the
>>> handling of images in documents between the two suites, or rather, the
>>> lack of it. Simple documents work well between the  two suites but
>>> insert images etc, sounds etc and then you would think the world had
>>> ended!
>>>

>>> I blame the likes of MS, Lotus et al for adding the fuctionality of
>>> adding sounds, images and the like into the word processor....
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>> Agreed, even though you can put sounds in documents in Open office,  who
>> were unable to get on with it,  the Students or teachers.
>>
>> Is it possible to have both installed ?
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Hang on, why would anyone want to put sounds into a WORD PROCESSOR
> document?
>
> Seems a bit odd to me, it's not as if the printer can print them :-P
>
> Rob

Dunno but i think OO has some sort of similar feature, i guess some end
users want it, and now expect it,  so its provided even though the rest
of us find the idea pointless.

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
(starts May 11th)

The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day