Re: [LUG] flyer

> I installed OpenOffice at one of the schools I provide support for (I
> install OpenOffice/Libre Office at every school I support along with
> several other open source apps) - this particular school then requested
> that I install the latest verion of MS Office (2010 Pro Plus) as 'people
> cannot get along with it (OpenOffice)'.  Problems tend to mainly be the
> handling of images in documents between the two suites, or rather, the
> lack of it. Simple documents work well between the  two suites but
> insert images etc, sounds etc and then you would think the world had ended!
>

> I blame the likes of MS, Lotus et al for adding the fuctionality of
> adding sounds, images and the like into the word processor....
>
> Dave

Agreed, even though you can put sounds in documents in Open office,  who
were unable to get on with it,  the Students or teachers.

Is it possible to have both installed ?

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
(starts May 11th)

The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day