Re: [LUG] flyer

On 26/06/2011 17:48, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 26/06/11 17:43, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
On 25/06/2011 11:57, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

The following is on the novatech website

"Office 2010 Starter comes Pre Installed with every PC purchased With an
Operating System. Microsoft Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word
and Excel only, with advertising. No PowerPoint or Outlook."

Good reason to use or promote Open office,

Paul

Check out this little beauty....

*http://tinyurl.com/2czek3y

*I don't wish to direct quote from the site ( for obvious reasons) but look for the section = 'Office Starter 2010 Marketing Restrictions and Best Practices' at the bottom....a real corker!

Check out the rest of the site to see what OEM's have to put up with.

Dave

just goes to show we need to try and reverse this trend, ms have just made it far more difficult to do so.

paul

I installed OpenOffice at one of the schools I provide support for (I install OpenOffice/Libre Office at every school I support along with several other open source apps) - this particular school then requested that I install the latest verion of MS Office (2010 Pro Plus) as 'people cannot get along with it (OpenOffice)'. Problems tend to mainly be the handling of images in documents between the two suites, or rather, the lack of it. Simple documents work well between the two suites but insert images etc, sounds etc and then you would think the world had ended!

I blame the likes of MS, Lotus et al for adding the fuctionality of adding sounds, images and the like into the word processor....

Dave