Re: [LUG] Holsworthy meeting - final reminder

On 17/06/11 17:02, Rob Beard wrote:
On 17/06/11 11:43, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Just a last reminder that there is a Linux meeting tomorrow, Saturday
18th June at the White Hart Holsworthy, starting at 2 pm. Free parking
in the main car park from noon.

Hope to see some people there. The wifi is supposed to be working now.
If used, there is a small charge for it.

Regards

Neil

I'm trying to get a friend who lives in Barnstaple to come along, I did
wonder if anyone might have a copy of Linux Mint (the Gnome version) on
DVD at all that they might be able to give to him?

I've not got confirmation yet that he can make it but he did sound a
little bit interested earlier (his PC running XP is running really slow
and he hasn't got any installation media so I suggested he give Mint a
try).

Rob

Okay it turns out a friend of my friend is downloading Linux Mint, both the version 11 Gnome DVD and the version 10 LXDE CD. I've mentioned the LUG meet tomorrow and also advised about the LUG site and mailing list. I believe my friend lives up in Barnstaple (I used to work with him at Lantern FM back in the day) so if anyone is in Barnstaple (or Bideford etc) then maybe my friend, and his friend who is also interested in trying Linux Mint might possibly have a few questions, one of them is on XP the other on Vista so I think it's going to be a bit new to them (although I did say it works in a similar way to how a Mac works).

Rob