[LUG] File storage and backup

There are several file storage systems out there, to keep your important files safe and as backup. Some of them have some free space to start you off and then charge, others charge from the start. Examples are dropbox, spideroak, box.net, mozy and adrive. There are lots of others.

Now I don't have that many files that I care about so what I do is copy those to my website to a folder set up for the purpose. This is for files other than photos. As the latter can be quite large I use k3b to store my photos on to a DVD.

So my question is, am I missing something here? Do I really need to use one of these special programs? (OK. That's two questions.)

Anyone?

Neil