Re: [LUG] old computer wanted (off topic)

On 15/06/11 10:30, Rhia Knowles wrote:
On 12 June 2011 08:51, tom<tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 11/06/11 22:58, edwin rhodes wrote:

Sorry I know this may be off topic but I am looking for either an IBM XT
or IBM 80286 computer, does anyone have any ideas or have one? Looked on
ebay but nothing suitable.
Ed

Have you thought of using a Virtual Machine - dosbox or similar?
Tom te tom te tom

^Tom said just what I would suggest.

Nothing like a physical machine :-)

On that note, if anyone has got any Pentium II, Pentium III or AMD boards or PCs kicking around with THREE or more ISA slots that they want to get shot of, let me know. A friend of mine is after a couple to setup as radio playout systems for schools. The kit they are using is from circa 2000 and uses specific audio cards which are full length ISA beasties, the machines need 3 ISA slots because the machines take 3 cards.

Most of the ones I've come across on eBay seem to have 2 ISA slots :-(

Rob