Re: [LUG] IE8 borked?

On 09/06/11 14:08, Joe Buckle wrote:
while e.type='text' i shorter typing when dynamically creating and
modifying attributes its a pain in the butt to have to treat some
attributes specially just for IE . I'm looking to see if I can
open-license the code in a way that stops anyone modifying it for IE
specific faults...
Tom te tom te tom
For IE rendering, more often than not its a silly error. Most browsers
can read through errors and still parse it, which isn't great for
debugging really.

IE should do must javascript stuff. It does get rather more complicated
when you start throwing jQuery into the equation though I've found.

Can you explain what you are trying to do? Its purpose? We might be able
to come up with a simpler solution.

Joe

I'm not sure you can get a simpler solution than generating standards compliant code from the standards themselves! Basically I've got a set of JSON descriptions of what all the elements and their attributes are allowed (valid parents etc) and that is used to generate code/code hints and objects to allow on the fly generation of whatever's required. IE will just have to go away and rot or sort itself out.
Tom te tom te tom