Re: [LUG] Aargh. Fscking udev, Debian, etc. the whole damned Linux world is determined to shaft itself!!!

Me and Rhia managed to succesfully install and run Arch for use as a print server, on a crappy old Medion with about 4 screws left in it lol

On 6 June 2011 21:56, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/06/11 21:39, Philip Hudson wrote:
> On 6 Jun, 2011, at 8:07 pm, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
>> Bah!
>
> I always wanted some brave soul I know to go the Gentoo route, or at
> least Arch, so I could learn from their, er, experiences.

We've had a few Gentoo fans here, Neil S is the only one I can name who
hasn't moved away from D&C, but I'm sure there are plenty of others.

For the record I upgraded a live server to Debian Squeeze from Lenny
this afternoon whilst waiting for a bit of Qt to compile (I typed a nice
command to git and it told me it has 406,000 or so objects to get
zzzZZZZzzzZZZZ).

Unlike Gordon I followed the upgrade instructions in the release notes
and made sure my kernel met the requirements ;)