Re: [LUG] Linux Mint 11

I'm doing this for a friend, he wants to try something new, and doesn't like Debian (silly boy), I may have found one of the causes though

On 4 June 2011 14:00, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011, Stephen Harris wrote:

Ok .. so I got further this time, grub loader, I selected start linux mint,
it loaded vmlinux and initrd, and ... now I've got loads of stdin:0 errors
followed by (initramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file
system

Are you sure the PC is actually OK?

Get something (e.g. a copy of gparted on CD) that has memtest86+ installed on it and run that for a few hours...

Then try a different distro - I recomend Debian Squeeze :-)

Gordon