Re: [LUG] Linux Mint 11

It's /casper/vmlinux but typing that just produces not found, also typing vesamenu.c32 just makes it hang, not even an error message, so yeah I might try re-burning

On 3 June 2011 22:43, Kevin Lucas <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 20:45 +0100, Stephen Harris wrote:
> It's the live install CD, I haven't got as far as actually installing
> yet, oh and the Hard Disk is SATA
>
> On 3 June 2011 20:21, Kevin Lucas <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>         Have you any IDE disks in the MAchine?
>         which disk is the Mint OS installed?
>
>         use the F12 ( boot device ) option on boot in the bios and
>         select the
>         correct disk
>
>         Don't have any usb sticks in at boot time.
>

>         On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 19:08 +0100, Stephen Harris wrote:
>         > Hi , I'd heard that an new version of Mint was available 11,
>         So I
>         > decided to burn and install it onto my PC, (64-bit)
>         > It burnt succesfully but when trying to boot ISOLINUX loads
>         but
>         > helpfully tells me "Could not find kernel image: linux"
>         > Eek.. is all I have to say lol
>         > Please help lol
>

>         --
>         Regards
>
>         Kevin Lucas
>         Minions Post Master(Sub)
>         Eleven Years in the Making!
>         www.minionsbandb.co.uk
>         www.tearooms.minionsbandb.co.uk
>         FaceBook Minions_shop
>         Po House, Minions,
>         Liskeard Cornwall
>         PL14 5LE
>         01579363386
>

>         --

All I can say is find the image on the CD

is it /casper/vmlinuz ?
then alter the boot line on startup
But it sounds like a soft link has not been made correctly on the CD
Burn.

Do it again with a slower speed.